JSS 1 SOCIAL STUDIES 2ND TERM EXAM 2022/2023 SESSION
Instruction: From the options lettered A-D, choose the letter that is most appropriate for the following questions. Answer all the questions.
1. _________ can be defined as the steps taken to ensure that lives and properties are well
secured. A. Safety B. Accident C. Orderliness D. Sanitation
2. _________ is a sudden occurrence of an event that is a havoc in nature. A.Conjusion
B. Accident C. Conjunct D. Safety
3. _______ is a place where people settle for the purpose of safety, trading or farming.
A. Village B. Placement C. Settlement D. Hamlet
4. One of the following statement is true A.Cyclists should not observe all road signs.
B Motorist should strictly obey all road signs . C. Motorists should over speed. D. Cyclists should play music while they ride.
5. The following are examples of moral responsibilities of the children at home EXCEPT
A. to Use Vulgar language B. to obey their parents C. to help their parents with house chores
D. to respect your elders.
6. The reasons for safety include all but one of the following.A. The need to defraud the masses B.The need to protect property C.The need to reduce risk D.The need to protect life.
7. Throwing of stones between children is an example of A. broken furniture B.Rough play C.electrical Shock D. sharp edged metals.
8. One of the following is not an accident due to carelessness.A. Snake bite
B.The use of candles C. Placing generator inside the house D. Placing drugs in the refrigerator
9. Man uses science and technology to create the following EXCEPT A. factories
B. forests C. houses D. roads
10. The school is a place where ________ instruction takes place. A. basic B. common C. formal D. informal
11. Which of these is a positive social behaviour? A. Dishonesty B. Sincerity C. Stealing
12. of these social issues does not require force to resolve? A. Unemployment
B. Insurgency C. Armed robbery D. Pipeline vandalism
13. All of the following are reasons for becoming a member of a cult group except for/to
A. Increase in social values B. Access to girls. C. security D. social identity
14. An improper way which falls short of the proper conduct of an examination is called _____ A. Examination malpractices B. corruption C. Conspiracy D. examination practice.
15. The following are the effects of examination malpractices EXCEPT ________ A. innocent students may become victims B. There will be Confidence in the educational system in the country C. It leads to production of dishonest system D. cancellation of results.
16. Abstinence means ……….. A. engaging in infidelity B. Not engaging in sexual intercourse C. engaging in sexual intercourse D. Refusing to get married
17. Which of these behaviour may not promote love relationships? A. Aggressiveness
B. Good communication C.Tolerance D. Sharing and caring
18. Sexual activity between close blood relations is called ……. A. rape B. incest C. sexual intercourse D. sexual harassment
19. The following factors could destroy friendship EXCEPT………. A. Honesty B. Gossiping C. betrayal of trust D. selfishness.
20. ……. is one of the reasons of abstaining from sex. A.It is not the commandment of God B.To avoid negative consequences C. readiness to take responsibility D. it is generally acceptable in the society.
SECTION B THEORY
Answer 4 question from this section number, one (1) is compulsory
1a. What are social issues and problems?
b. Mention Four Causes of social problems in Nigeria?
2a. Mention three effects of Social problems on individual and 3 effects on Family.
3a. Mention any two voluntary organizations you know?
b. Who permits the establishment of RS Club.
4a. What is the full meaning of FRSC
b. List the roles of Road safety Club in the Socialization of youths.
5a. Define abstinence.
b. Mention five reasons for abstaining from sex.